||This project aims to conduct a biological survey which will complete a regional wetland inventory for the Fleurieu Peninsula, near Adelaide, South Australia.
This inventory will document the physical, biological and chemical attributes of selected wetlands throughout the region.
The project will develop assessment protocols, detailed habitat-scale wetland maps, and databases specific to the wetland inventory process, and will build upon those completed for other regions including: Eyre Peninsula, Yorke Peninsula, Kangaroo Island and the central Mount Lofty Ranges.
1. Undertake baseline wetland surveys;
2. Verify wetland locations on GIS, and produce a wetland GIS layer and associated databases;
3. Enter existing wetland data into a specifically-designed wetland database;
4. Link to other National Wetland Inventory initiatives;
5. Produce a manual detailing the health of wetlands on the Fleurieu Peninsula, recommend management actions where appropriate, and develop monitoring protocols for assessment of changes in ecological character.