Total No. of Sites:
||Glossy Black Cockatoo Recovery Program (Kangaroo Island)
||Glossy Black Cockatoo Recovery Program Kangaroo Island.
Program outcomes 2005-06
The South Australian Glossy Black Cockatoo Recovery Plan implemented with:
- Breeding and survivorship of the population monitored through nest observation and banding and observation of individual birds.
- Population dynamics monitored through an annual population census.
- Nest sites protected from predators and competitors.
- Volunteer program developed to equip and coordinate volunteers with the skills necessary to support the recovery process.
- General media, scientific, school and community presentations and print articles developed to facilitate publis awareness and community ownership of the Recovery Program.
- Feeding and nesting habitat protected, restored and expanded.
End Date: 01/01/2010
|Study Area Description:
||*** No study area description recorded