Total No. of Sites:
||Mount Lofty Ranges (DEP 1981)
||This project aims to survey vegetation to determine the conservation significance of the Mount Lofty Ranges, South Australia.
1. Describe botanical composition and structure;
2. Assess conditions;
3. Evaluate scientific significance;
4. Recommend conservation priorities.
This project is part of the Biological Survey of SA programme run by the Biological Survey and Monitoring group in Department for Environment and Heritage (DEH). Survey areas defined in a DEH spatial layer managed by DEH Environmental Information Group.
End Date: 30/07/1979
|Study Area Description:
||Mount Lofty Ranges encompasses central and north-eastern part of the range including:
1. County Adelaide: Hundred Kuitpo and part Hundred Onkaparinga, Noarlunga, Para Wirra, Talinga and Willunga.
2. County Hindmarsh: Hundred Kondoparinga and Macclesfield and part Hundred Myponga.
3. County Sturt: Hundred Kanmantoo and Tungkillo.
4. County Eyre: part Hundred Jellicoe.
NE corner 34*00'00" 139*30'00", SE corner 35*15'00" 139*00'00" approximately. Extends through Mt Lofty Ranges from Angaston in the north to Myponga in south and bounded by Lake Alexandrina in the SE.