Total No. of Sites:
||Raptor Survey - Kangaroo Island
||The primary objectives of the Kangaroo Island raptor survey are to:
- document the current locations of all White-bellied Sea-Eagle (WBSE) nests;
- note whether WBSE nests are active or inactive; and
- record which WBSE territories are currently occupied.
Secondary objectives are to:
- collect information on active Osprey territories and nest locations; and
- record incidental sightings of Peregrine Falcon nests.
Survey to be carried out over 7 - 10 days during the period 26th September - 10th October 2005 by combination of vehicle, vessel and on foot.
1. Coordinate locations of nest sites (active and inactive) recorded either as eastings and northings or decimal degrees;
2. Estimate of positional accuracy of location coordinates;
3. Textual description of nest location including:
a. Situation (e.g. ledge, tree, clifftop)
b. Height above ground
c. Aspect (e.g. north-facing);
4. Notes regarding any obvious signs of human activity, disturbance or structures such as clearance events or bushfires;
5. Photograph of nest location and surrounding habitat.
End Date: 02/10/2006
|Study Area Description:
||*** No study area description recorded